Saturday, September 13, 2008

September 11th, It's what's happening.

So a few days ago was September 11th.

While in school there was no mention to the significance of this day outside of a rogue history teacher who talked about it a bit. Hmm... I though. How completely out of order. SO, after half a day of nothing me and a good friend approached the Starr and said: "WTBH?! This is important. What are you going to do by school end?"
The Starr said,"Well, seckasaa secka secka secka saa. I'll try to talk to some administrators."
I responded:"YOU ARE THE ADMINISTRATOR."
He replied,"Don't talk to me in that tone of voice young man."
To that I punched him in his relatively large stomach and ran.

Nothing was announced for the rest of the day. One of his excuses was that "We mention the victims of 9/11 on veterans day {then, essentially} so then everyone can feel sad about everybody all in one day."

...I'm glad we've learned to be efficient in our dealings with sadness; Don't feel sad for a long time, that's silly. Save up all your mourning grief for one or two days throughout the year so we can keep up productivity or whatever.

Positive humanity is fighting a losing battle.

-(P)

No comments: